Proposal

Project Description:

Throughout my college career at City Tech I have learned primarily about camera operations and lighting design. Life after graduation is to perfect my craft as a master electrician and camera operator through internships and personal projects that I can submit into film festivals. For my culmination project, I will incorporate all of my practical skills to produce a short documentary film. By doing this I will test myself through the test by directing a film that I will shoot and edit myself. Producing a film with a ‘one-man-band’ team (solo) will really let me practice my preparation skills, managing skills, and also budgeting skills; as well as give me a real experience of how to conduct each department with maximum control.

More specifically, my project is documenting of a day in the life of a street performer name Nicholas. I first meet Nicholas playing his violin at High st. train station. He is an interesting person to document because he also teaches private lessons and also in a public school. Aside from playing the violin, he also sings, compose, write scripts and act.