Intro to Illustration – COMD 3313 — Project 3

This was my design for project 3. I got feedback from out class and decided to make changes. I incorporated the article I chose. The article was about the growing number of homeless people in NYC and its going to keep growing for years to come. The little people walking into the cart are the homeless and the cart is NYC. The lady in green pushing the cart is the statue of liberty.

This was my design for project 3. I got feedback from out class and decided to make changes. I incorporated the article I chose. The article was about the growing number of homeless people in NYC and it’s going to keep growing for years to come. The little people walking into the cart are the homeless and the cart is NYC. The lady in green pushing the cart is the statue of liberty.

These are my thumbnails for Project 3.

These are my thumbnails for Project 3.

This is my brainstorm for project 3.

This is my brainstorm for project 3.

I redid my project 3 and was trying to upload it to dropbox but the link wasn’t working. I have it here. I took into account the critique from last class and used the idea of representing the escalating rate of homeless people in this city with this drawing of a woman holding onto a shopping cart. The small people are walking towards the cart and climbing inside, piling on top of each other. The woman is dressed in green to represent the statue of liberty. The shopping cart is representing the only home that these people have, as they are unable to find shelter elsewhere. The amount of people inside of the cart is representing the increasing number of homeless people that this city is facing. The efforts this city is taking is evidently not enough to combat the homeless rate of the city.

https://abc7ny.com/society/nyc-homeless-problem-getting-worse-report-finds/5277629/