transcendent_logo

Internship Experience

My Internship experience working in Transcendent Enterprise video production company was a unique opportunity. Transcendent Enterprise is own by Chris Alvarez a great leader and teacher, his company is dedicated in providing creative custom video products for any specific brand. Specializing in graphic animation for mostly corporate and educational institutions. The department that I was involved was in the filming and editing division. I was required to setup equipment such as camera and sound recording equipment in live events. This is called the post-production where the filming is first completed and then editing comes in to play.

We had to develop the projects in order to create a storyline and add content to the project like music, titles and graphic animations. The events I was able to attend were at NYU Tandon, 4A’s Conference and many more. I was able to meet creative and innovative people working in these locations. The objectives and goals I was expecting to gain from this internship was to understand the business part of a video production company since I have experience in creating animation and video projects. Learning the business aspect is important in order to be successful in this kind of industry, being able to market yourself or your company the correct way will make any business grow and make a good amount of revenue.

The skill I was able to apply and develop in this internship was to practice my creative skills in video production. Also being able to develop time organization to complete video project since there is a lot of time that has to be dedicated in finishing a video. I was able to work with client’s feedback and understand the structure of satisfying what the client needed on their videos. This is what made me developed new skills in providing the necessary content to satisfy the need and keep clients coming back.

This internship has helped me see the career aspect of an editor and the functions of a video productions company. Transcendent Enterprise has given me the opportunity to have a job working with them and hiring me in a future position as a creative director in their Company. Even thought my future goal is to have my own production company and making it a successful business by learning more about the marketing part of it. This is a great starting point in the development of my future. Advertising a business is one of the great ways to present to everyone what the company is capable of providing. Such as services and products that can benefit the growth of a business.

Majoring in Emerging Media Technology has thought me many skills. The classes in Video Productions, Graphic design, flash animation and Web Development have helped me acquire this internship position and the skills to work as a freelancer. I would recommend this internship to anyone who would like to start with some of the basics.

Learning the fundamentals of what an editor and video content creator does in the real business of a video production company is something necessary. Chris Alvarez has great patience and the ability to work with the skills you have, giving back great feedback. Anything you wouldn’t relate too he would take his time and explain everything step by step. Understanding the need for providing clients with what they want and having the patience to get the service complete to satisfy the customer. I’m looking forward to continue working with transcendent Enterprise.