High Museum of Art Journal 13

My next museum visit is the High Museum of Art located in Atlanta, Georgia. I explored a virtual tour with the “Kaws prints exhibit”.  KAWS PRINTS is the first comprehensive exhibition featuring KAWS’s entire output of editioned prints spanning more than twenty years. I’ve followed kaws work overtime and his work is worth so much in the pop cultured world. Anyone around my age to late 30’s is fully aware of Kaws. He is just as known as Banksy, but that’s really how I feel honestly.

KAWS PRINTS

I absolutely love the fact KAWS is a New York-based artist. He has made a name for himself designing limited edition toys and clothing. he is showcased in exhibits in museums and galleries internationally. His art stands somewhere between fine art and global commerce. I love the fact pop culture work can be considered art now and that this artist is one of many that paved the way for it. It’s even more crazy that NFT which are digital tokens but also digital art now is going high in market value.

I would say the “Dissected Companion” is one of my favorite pieces. The design of his unique character the anatomy of it is amazing.