#1 Job Search

One of the main challenges of this job search is predicting where you would be a good fit. While there are many different options for designers in New York, (after all this is the design mecca) it can be a little challenging for people with less experience. Some of these internships require at least 1 to 2 years of experience and usually those tend to be most “tantalizing” options.

I have some understanding of HTML/CSS, but I avoid the job posts that specifically outline it as a requirement. I plan on becoming more proficient in the field of coding in the future, but for now I want to focus on the trifecta (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). Thankfully, most of these postings seem to stress these three the most.

So far indeed.com has been my favorite job search engine, due to its easy to navigate system and large variety of postings. This week I applied mostly to design agencies such Barrel, Hotwire, The Spark Group, and FounderMade. I would like to work in Manhattan of course, but Brooklyn is even more convenient, considering I will be working and attending class.

On a positive note, FounderMade responded to me yesterday via email asking me various questions. It feels like they are conducting a “pre interview” via email, so I am going with the flow and hoping that this could lead to an actual in person interview soon.

What's Really Going On?