Logo Research

I’ve decided to do my logo research on the Comedy Central logo. It’s one of my favorite television programs with loads of comedy. The logo made its first debut in 1992 at the time when I was born. I started watching the program when I was 8 because everyone I knew in elementary school was talking about South Park at the time and it was one of the greatest highlights of my childhood. The logo from 1992 represented the earth and it had a banner surrounding it saying Comedy Central. Plus there are buildings representing a city on top of the earth. I’m guessing comedy is huge in most places with cities. Then in 2000 when It changed quite a bit. They went with the same idea but did a slight few changes. There is no banner surrounding the earth. They used a different type face. The buildings are structured differently. Other than that its better than the original. The new logo was updated in 2011. It looks really simple and it was kind of confusing to me at first but the more I looked it kind of makes sense. This time there is no earth and buildings shown. It only shows two C’s. You have a c within a c. One is lowercase while the other is capital. The other one is upside down. Its basically showing comedy right here because its upside down.images