academic examples

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” This is a quote that motivate me a lot in my life. When I just started designing the visual designs for this quote, the first thing I think of is bicycle, of course. In my first piece, I used only the wheel part of the picture and left some spaces for the quote. The reason why I chose a green color bike for this quote is because I feel that this quote is suppose to be a motivation for life, that tells you if you want to keep your balance in life you should keep moving, whereas green gives us the feeling of energy and life.

In my second piece, I had the quote shaped into a wheel, but I had the keywords stand out by increasing the size of it and the color, where I use green again to highlight the idea of motivations of this quote.

Lastly, in my third piece, I did not use the idea of the bicycle wheel anymore, and instead I’ve put the attentions on the keywords of this quote by having different front sizes and different typefaces.  It came out strong enough where i don’t need to have a picture of a bike or wheel anymore.