Journal Entry 8

This journal entry as to do with the importance of always learning. Graphic designers have a multitude of different programs and tools they can learn about. We have the 3 main programs Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. However your path as a designer doesn’t begin and end with these 3, there are so many other out there. They are some that don’t even relate to Adobe.

I was learning more about HTML & CSS on my own time. The reason being that so many companies ask that of potential candidates they would hire. I knew my supervisor understood web design and I brought a question up to him for some advice. He seemed very enthusiastic that I had questions about one of the most important fields in the design world.

He took time after work was done to show me some amazing web design ideas that I haven’t even thought of. We probably stayed 30 minutes after work was over going over HTML & CSS and I really appreciated. That day he really encouraged me continue my learning process and never stop. It could be with web design, motion graphics, etc.  Always however keep learning!