Hey all! So I was looking for an internship for a while. I stumbled upon a couple of interviews but wasn’t satisfied with the work and the pitches of the internships. I achieved an interview with Stoneman later on. Stoneman is a start up produced by a well known photographer in NYC. It deals with mainly fashion, music and cultural projects involving heavy photography, video and design demands. We started in a small studio that was located in the lower east side in Manhattan. It was me, two other interns and our supervisor.

Our first day was great, we met each other and discussed what was expected during the duration of the internship. We were told we were going to collaborate with each other assist in shoots, client pitches, video production, design and studio management. We were expected to work with name clients. Since our supervisor was a professional photographer and the internship was big in photo projects, our first assignment was to research and write about a chosen photographer. I was assigned Viviane Sassen. I researched her and loved the aesthetic of her work. Her photography resembles much of a graphic design profession. Her use of shapes really make you appreciate her work. I wrote a paper on her, describing her style.