Reflection

Moises Bautista
Prof Jewell
English 1101
Reflection

When viewing and creating pieces of work that are considered Shonen Manga many things can be looked upon as familiar and relatable among most pieces. The main protagonists of the stories all gain a considerable amount of growth in either mental or physical attributes. The protagonist is truly reliant on their friends and allies to overcome difficult situations and conflicts throughout their adventures. While much time passes on throughout the stories all the characters in Shonen manga never lose sight of their own hopes and dreams. All the main protagonists all contain a unique charisma/personality that makes them stand out and create certain situations, in almost all cases the main characters are strong-willed. I learned a lot about Shonen manga while researching the genre. For instance, the author’s value connections between characters forming newer and stronger bonds with each other. While still retaining their dreams and desires intact. Shonen manga all contains detailed and precise explanation’s as to what’s occurring and going to occur. These explanations give us readers a clear and solid context as to the importance and significance of a situation. While forming my annotated bibliography I came upon several questions that I have for the multiple authors that create Shonen manga. How are they able to come up with such a huge and expansive world filled with rich characters and story while building up the plot as a whole? Is the ending for the Shonen manga pre-determined from the get-go or created while forming the story?

Throughout this long assignment, I learned many things about myself that I wouldn’t know unless I had done this assignment. I learned that my strength as a writer is the amount of focus and unique/ vivid vocabulary of words to invoke a sense of deep interest in my readers. For example, in my annotated bibliography I started with powerful hooks such as “The story of recognition from fellow peers and society itself is what we all seek sometimes. “and “Have you ever been in the perspective where you have to make a decision of whether to choose over wanting a villain or hero to win?”. Another one of my strengths would be the structuring of each part of the annotated bibliography being as it is. I started off with a unique and powerful hook to lure readers, then a quick summary to the certain book, after that the audience the book is trying to look towards. Lastly, the rhetorical appeal that the author uses to help his/her story and an explanation as to why and how he used that appeal. I would like to continue to grow as a writer by finding a more concrete way of connecting and making the readers interested in my writing. I would also like to improve on the formatting of each and every assignment I am given to the best of my ability. I can enact these changes by getting provided multiple examples of what exactly is expected from us when it comes to the assignments.

5 thoughts on “Reflection”

1. Interesting genre, I was never a fan of manga but I might have to read them. Your skills to start with interesting hooks to throw your audiences into deep thought and interest into your topic is something every writer needs. I learned that your vocabulary and hooks are catchy and can definitely drive someone’s attention. It’s important to have catchy hooks because you don’t want to bore your audiences from the first line they read. You want them to have interest and to keep on reading.

2. What I learned from your reflection is that in Shonen Manga the characters rely on their friends and allies to overcome difficult situations. That the characters never lose sight of their own hopes and dreams. That the author values the connection between the characters.

3. Wow, I love your reflections for many reasons. Overall one reason why I like your reflection is because I learned more about Naruto while reading your anti bibliography. I am also a big fan of the manga and anime Naruto. Another reason why I like your reflection is because of the way you explained the many things you learned and how you learned more on yourself.

4. Wow, I love your reflections for many reasons. Overall one reason why I like your reflection is because I learned more about Naruto while reading your anti bibliography. I am also a big fan of the manga and anime Naruto. Another reason why I like your reflection is because of the way you explained the many things you learned and how you learned more on yourself.