Annotated Bibliography

Ain’ t I a woman by sojourner truth

“Ain’ t I a woman “was a speech delivered in 1851 at the women’s right convention Akron Ohio by sojourner truth who was born into slavery. “Ain ’t I a Women” became one of the most popular speeches in women empowerment and the author as well. In her speech we can see how she explains to the audience several times that there is no inequality between women and men example when she says “I could work as much and eat as much as a man – when I could get it – and bear the lash as well! And ain’t I a woman?”. We can also see how she tells her audience that women are as important valuable as men, so they deserve the same rights for example when says” Then that little man in black there, he says women can’t have as much rights as men, cause Christ wasn’t a woman! Where did your Christ come from? Where did your Christ come from? From God and a woman! Man had nothing to do with Him”. In her speech she uses ethos as when she said” i have borne thirteen children, and seen most all sold off to slavery, and when I cried out with my mother’s grief, none but Jesus heard me! And ain’t I a woman?” also ethos because for her its logic for women to have the same rights as men in her speech she repeats the sentence “ain’t i a woman “to prove that inequality between women and men is something that shouldn’t exist because she’s a woman and she is able to do everything men can do.

<<Sojourner truth ,women’s right convention ,1851 , Akron Ohio ,national park service publisher https://www.nps.gov/articles/sojourner-truth.htm>>

TOGETHER WE WILL UNLEASH GIRLS POWER IN ALL ITS DIMENSION by Lakshmi Puri

Was a speech delivered on the day of the girl child October 12 2017 by Lakshmi Puri UN women executive director during the UN commemoration of the international day of the girl child.  In this speech Lakshmi Puri explain through fact and statistics how many girls around the world are in difficulties need help empowerment and how the un women is planning to fix that. Her audience on that day was women but she is generally trying to reach everyone interested in helping through that progress for young girls .With a firm serious and interested tone she uses a lot of logos the show how many girls around the world need help example :“every 10 minutes, somewhere in the world an adolescent girl dies because of violence >”she uses pathos as well to have the maximum support on this journey of helping young girls <”Together we will unleash girls’ power in all its dimensions”. The fact that she repeats the word together several times at the end of her speech shows that she wants her audience and everyone to join her in her fight for young girl rights and safety around the world.

<<Laksmi Puri ,Unicef child day of the girl child, October 12 2017, publisher UN WOMEN, https://www.unwomen.org/en/news/stories/2017/10/speech-ded-puri-day-of-the-girl>>

Women’s rights are human rights by Hillary Clinton

“Women’s rights are human rights “was a speech given in 1995 by the former first lady of the us Hillary Clinton at the 4th world conference on women in Beijing. in her speech she deliver the stereotypes the injustices that happen to women everyday around the world but also the way some women in foreign countries are coming together to Help change those injustices her tone throughout this speech was precise direct and clear her primary audience was adults women and men .She uses  ethos  as when said ”if  women are free from violence their families will flourish

“  also a lot pathos example :”I’ve met women in India and Bangladesh who are  taking out small loans to buy milk cows or rickshaws or thread in order to create a livelihood for themselves and their families” through those words she shows that women are very important in the community their rights safety health 
 is something that should be taken serious because women can change the way the society lives.

Hillary Clinton , 4th world conference for women ,1995 ,Beijing ,publisher Americanrhetoric.com, <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V9mHmeK7XM>

Madonna billboard women music

This speech is given by Madonna at billboard women music 2016 in New York city.  in her speech she explains the difficulties the barriers that women go through in the music industry. her audience is women in general her main argument is women rights. Women can be what they want whether in the music industry or anywhere else. her clear tone was undercut with choking heaviness that even forced her to pause sometimes even though her voice sounds sad her statements were very clear and direct to understand. Madonna ‘ speech is a pure definition of pathos mostly because she uses her own experience as examples ,opens up about the difficulties she went through and how they made her who she is .Example when she said at the end of her speech ”you have no idea how much your support mean to me , “to everyone who gave me hell and said I could not that I would not that I must not your resistance made me push harder made stronger made me the woman I am today”. Atfer that statement you could read in the audience eyes  the compassion they had for her .

<<Madonna , billboard women music, 2016, New York city , publisher WOMEN’S, https://women-s.net/womens-empowerment-speech/>>

“I’ m a feminist” by Emma Watson

“I’m a feminist “was a speech given by the actress Emma Watson at the united nation at New York in 2014. Her main argument in that speech is the fact that nowadays people think being a feminist fighting for women mean you are against men which is not true. And to prove that EMMA Watson gave the formal definition of feminism which I quote “feminism by definition is the belief that men and women should have equal rights”. beside that she also speaks about the injustices she had at the beginning of her career because she was a girl. For example when she said “I think it is right socially i’ m afforded the same right as men”. Emma Watson uses a lot of ethos as when she said “when at 14 I started to be sexualized by certain elements of the media” all that shows her audience which was mostly adult women the unfair emotions she went through growing and the emotions many young girls are going through because of inequality of sex and society judgment

Emma Watson, united nation, 2014, New York, publisher CNN

<<https://women-s.net/womens-empowerment-speech/>>

“A message to all women” by Jon Jorgenson  

“a message to all women was a speech given by Jon Jorgenson in july 2013. in his speech he uses very specific poet words to put women in confidence. His main argument is that all women are worthy and unique in their way as when he said “you are beautiful you are kind you are smart you are funny you are unique”. He uses theses specific words for a raison and that raison is to empower women around the world to show them they are worthy. with a very confident and trustable tone Jorgenson uses ethos throughout the whole speech because his main point is uplifting women and for that he has to reach their emotions for them to believe in his words but mostly to believe in themselves.

Jon Jorgenson , 2013, Publisher  JonJorgenson