My reflection

Jae Rose

Reflection

In my bibliography my genre was about hip-hop. In my bibliography I wrote about the artist who made statements about politics and what was going on in society. I wrote about this because I felt that these artist use there platform in a productive way by informing there audience expecially the young people about what’s going on and they should be aware.

While writing my bibliography I notice what all my sources had in common with each other. The First common thing my sources had was that the artist were all trying to inform and let there audience know about what’s going on in society and things we should be aware of. They informed us about things like police brutality racism and other major events that had happened over the past years. The second thing they all had in common was that the artist wasn’t afraid to speak up. They were all our voices to speak up against everything(politic wise). Using there platform to describe how they or we feel about different situations. For an example, for my source number 1 “Be Free” j.cole talks about the death of micheal brown who got shot by a police over selling cds and choke was the people voice speaking up on this horrible tragedy. The third  thing my sources had in common was that they had a unique type of tone. They all use a high tone so you can feel the energy and that u can get the message as well. For an example in source number 3, “I’m not a racist” Joyner Lucas is speaking as a Caucasian and a black African American. He raps with high and loud tone about race  and society and a heated discussion about race relations from the perspective of white men and black men. The last common thing my sources had in common was that they all share the same mixed emotion which is anger and sadness. They all share that they are tired of the same type of horrible events that goes on in the world either it’s to deal with police brutality, people killing each other over nonsense, or other horrible events that effect us. For an example in source number four “changes” Tupac talks about what goes on In the neighborhoods and also the police brutality. He influences his audience by just telling them don’t kill eachother and we should just love one another instead of being violent with one another.
After writhing my bibliography about politics I still want to learn more about different events involved with the politics that goes around the world. I feel like people listen mirr if it comes from music expecially if it from there favorite artist. The reason for me the learn more about this because it gives me (the audience) knowledge about what’s going on in the world. Just from writhing this bibliography I learned a lot about myself as a writer. As a writer we all have strengths and weaknesses. My weaknesses as a writer is that I make broad statements meaning I write a statement and never quite back up my statement. Another weakness I notice about my writing is that I don’t organize my thoughts correctly . I can be on one topic a jump to the next in the same paragraph. So that’s something I need to work on more. My strengths on writhing is that I have good punctuation and grammar and I can brain storm lots of ideas about a topic. To become a better writer I would need to do a couple of things just to improve and become better. I would need to read more books, articles, magazines, comic books and etc. From doing this I would improve my vocabulary and I can add big words to when I’m writing and not just plain simple words. Overall this bibliography assignment had benifit me because I gained  knowledge on how to improve my writing and also just being informed by my these talented artist about society/politics.

2 thoughts on “My reflection”

1. Hip-Hop is one of the most interesting genre to do research on. I agree with you stating that rappers like Tupac used their talent to provide a positive message to the society and shedding the light on racism and police brutality.

2. I learned that artists use hip-hop as a creative way to tell a message and tell a story about themselves or about what’s going on in society. This is important because music its self is a big platform that billions of people use to listen too, and with this, if an artist has a message to let out, they can do so through their lyrics and it can get too many people across the globe.