Personal Experience

I have been in the US for 2 years. In this two years, I face a lot of difficult things because my language problem. English is my second language, I have been learning English for three years. At the beginning, I am very afraid to communicate with people who speak English, I don’t want others to know that I am not good at English. I also heard this situation in this class. I know very well that this is what I have to experience as an immigrant living in this country. In my process of learning English, the biggest difficulty is grammar, because the English grammar is different from the Chinese grammar. So just try to remembering words every day is not enough. When I took my first English exam, I found an English word can represent two or more meanings. It means that I need to analysis what the word belongs to in the sentence. My major is related to biology, I found so many unfamiliar word appear in biological articles. Before the class, I need to do more review and preview, I should translate and understand each paragraph. I never thought that English would be so important. After leaving my country, I lost most of friends, So I want to build a good relationship with the people who around me. Learn good English is my first thing to do. At last, I will try my best to teach my parents how to understand and use English, I hope they can better adapt to live in the United States.