Journal Entry #3

Since I have settled on an internship, I have slowly started to get accustomed to working with new people, especially people who are already in the field. This internship ended up being asynchronous so I did not have to meet them in person, rather, meet virtually for updates and new information. Because it’s remote, I don’t really have to worry about attire at the workplace but when there are virtual meets, I would try to look more presentable.

So far, my supervisor has shared and given me access to a main google drive that provided information about the organization, examples of stuff that people have done previously, logo ideas, banners, color palettes, etc. It was also cool to look at others and see the things they have come up with, which made me excited and look forward to creating communication ads/campaigns or something similar. Another thing that was interesting was the use of google calendar, something that I was not familiar with at all until this internship. I was able to see the meetings that my supervisor had lined up and also reminders of group meetings every week at a specific time. I liked how organize it was and it made me feel more professional in a way.