Journal Entry #2

Upon receiving the internship information from Prof. Nicolaou, I had sent some emails to the main supervisor and eventually was given a time for a virtual interview. I was lucky enough that the questions I was asked were simple and funny enough my supervisor was driving so he proceeded to tell me to research more about their non-profit, and said we would set up another meeting afterwards. After updating my professor about it, she said that it sounded like I got the internship and I was more than relieved. Already from that, my supervisor seemed like an understanding person especially since the very time I met him, he provided me insight and allowed me to explore into their non-profit.

So far in my internship, I have been given tasks to look into the non-profit organization itself and see what they do, familiarizing myself with their goals. My supervisor has been helpful to provide the sites/organizations I was supposed to explore and I have taken notes on the general concepts these non-profits give out. I learned that this fundraising platform is aimed towards a new generation of donors and the experience helps raise up to 40 times more than auctions and galas, thus, being more time efficient. The non-profit organization generates revenue for other non-profits via cause marketing, publishing, volunteerism, marketplaces, virtual events, contests, NFTs, etc.