Professional Goals

STANDARD 36: Human service professionals hold a commitment to lifelong learning and continually advance their knowledge and skills to serve clients more effectively.

What does this mean to me as human service professional? Let’s begin by stating that knowledge is something infinite. We as human beings that together make up  this world, have the opportunity to learn something new every day. We can spend the rest of our lives learning and we will never get to a point in our lives that we have learned it all. Having this opportunity, we shall not take it for granted. We as human services professionals take on the responsibility of helping others and guiding others. To do this to the best of our ability we shall be well informed and prepared. This takes knowledge and growth. 

For myself to personally grow and be well informed to help others, it would be important to me learn effective communication/ advocacy skills, learn about policies and laws that can help others, and expand my knowledge in therapeutic theories and practices that have been known to be successful. These skills will help me grow into a human service professional that is well equipped for the level of professional heights that I would like to reach in the future. My goal after graduation is to enroll in a graduate program for Social Work and I will stop at nothing to achieve my goals.