Patient with a systemic condition and periodontal disease case presentation:

I did a case study on a patient that was diagnosed with high Cholesterol and periodontal disease. In my opinion, I provided the best dental care service to this patient and she was very satisfied with her treatment plan and how I decided to manage her appointments to make her feel comfortable and motivated to continue receiving her cleanings periodically.

Arestin Case: 

I’ve placed Arestin to a patient with periodontal disease type II. This patient presented generalized inflammation around the gingival margin and generalized subgingival calculus, especially on the mandibular anterior teeth and Maxillary posterior teeth. The patient used to come regularly to City Tech to get his dental cleanings done, however, his oral hygiene care was mainly poor. After assessing his periodontal pockets and verifying the dental radiographs he only had two sites with 5mm PD to place the Arestin, #14-D, and 15-D. Also, this patient has had Arestin placement in the past, which could be one of the reasons he has stable periodontal disease, despite the sporadic bone loss and the accumulation of the calculus. After a month of placing the Arestin, The two sites were reduced to 4mm PD; the patient was informed about the improvement and was encouraged to improve on his oral hygiene care at home.

On my second Arestin patient, I was able to place six sites which are #3-D, #3-L, #3-M, #6-M, #30-D, and #30-M. A 75 years old female with a lot of dental work but aware of the importance to keep her teeth to maintain good general health. She was impressed and happy when I did the re-evaluation on her because her body responded well to the treatment. She was encouraged to keep coming for her cleanings and to contribute by having excellent oral hygiene at home.