Hard Work

Today I was given the opportunity  to cover a presentation by the Jewish Faculty  and Staff Association. It was titled ” 77 Years After :  Never Again Anti- and Racism” My assignment  was to photograph  the entire event as well  as the guest speakers.The  event was taking place  in the atrium auditorium. Because of the location, it was very difficult to work as a photographer  effectively.

Prior to the event I was told to  just bring my camera to work. Based on the last few times that  I was told  to  bring my camera, I brought my equipment for outside. I  wasn’t prepared to shoot  inside events. I didn’t have a flash  on my  and  the lens I had wanted suited  for what  I  needed. However I  didn’t  let  that  stopped  me from trying my very best. I wouldn’t be able to look myself in the mirror if  I would have  let be an excuse. I have to do what I had to do, to get the shots I needed.IMG_3620

I crawled climbed under and over everything to get the shots  that I had needed. I apologized to several people for going back and forth between the aisle. I was physically draining for someone my size.However it was fun. And I definitely enjoyed the presentation and speakers. After the event I spent my time editing photos and staying prepared for the next taskIMG_3624