Friendly competition

This week  the professor  assigned to created a logo to go  for a student run News program called  #WhatsGoodCityTech. During the program Students will go around  interviewing and shedding light different  events going on in and around the College. Places such as restaurants  and student functions will serve main focus for the program. The logo was suppose to  represent the  hip and cool part of City Tech as well  as embrace to Hashtag (#) culture which exist on social  media.

As a  person who isn’t necessary  versed in Adobe illustrator, it was a new  experience  that before, I had to basically learn how to illustrator. I watched videos on the subject and basically  had to teach myself. That part wasn’t bad seeing how  kind of always  talk myself. To make sure to  logo was great, I was paired with another intern at the office. We both brainstormed tons of ideas together as well as on our own. I put my all into it. I don’t know what’s wrong with my but I  love turning things into competition. I always want to outshine someone. After a few days after starting the project, I came out with six solid well thought at designs. He had about the same

We both submitted our designs  to the professor for final approval. Out of the ten, The professor chose two of many designs. I love it when I get my way  at anything in life. I wonder which one of logos I made the professor had chosen?

sheet2

My overall thought  behind the creation of the logo was to try to  the incorporate speech bubbles into the Design. The reason being because the phrase of the logo relates to   a social media form of greeting. I also wanted to  keep the  school colors.  I hate restrictions  but i also enjoy the challenge  and the thinking it encourages.