Socializing

For my internship I didn’t really have any events to socialize I was mostly doing behind the scenes work like mockup files, templates for new items, and packaging.

This past week I was given the amazing opportunity to present to a new client. I was a bit nervous but it actually felt like a step up. I created a power point presentation of what we were going to discuss as well as created a handout using the same style guide of each designer as well as incorporating the styles for each holiday that took me a week alone which I did from home.

When we finally got to presenting at the meeting the new line as well as to a new client I was so nervous but my boss told me not to worry and she said if I slip up or something the other designers would be there to back me up. Once we got to the meeting it was not at all what I expected they were way more layed back then they were formal. Since I had gotten so familiar with the line as well as speaking to some of them through email and over the phone it was way easier to speak to them. My boss told me I did great at presenting and they loved the line that we did and officially made a deal so it was nice to actually be a part of all of that.

But, one of the best parts was the socializing before the meeting and getting to know the people I was presenting too which helped with the nervousness. As for socializing the other designers as well as my boss said it was ok to network and hand out our business card to them for the future which I did.