Learning Self-Analysis

As I near the end of my bachelor degree education, I realize that this was a journey that was necessary, not just for the academic requirements, but as a professional nurse. Looking back, I used to think that the associate degree was all that was needed to be a good nurse. While that could be true, there would be some crucial aspects of nursing knowledge that would hinder one’s ability to advance their career. Where the associate degree focused on the clinical aspect of nursing, such as what to do in acute settings, best treatment modalities, etc, the baccalaureate degree focused on more professional nursing aspects that I had yet conceived while doing the associates degree. In the baccalaureate degree courses, student nurses are tasked having to build effective research methods. This allows us to think on a deeper level in which it would allow us to be more impactful as nurses. There is no doubt that the baccalaureate degree is the beginning of the newly paved pathway of our educational endeavors where we become nurse leaders for developing the future of the nursing profession.