Banners for Bandcamp and Spotify

My workflow was sitting in front of my iMac desktop and my labtop with a coffee and sharpie and sketchbook. I didn’t really work on clerical duties. I was responsible for graphic needs, so when I was needed to make photo edits and colorations. I would edit photo editing and work designs or new cover art that they wanted me to look over to make any edits they needed.

My experience with Big Crown Records has taught me with hard work and consistency, I can have my own creative firm and run my father’s record label. Sometimes, I had my doubts and fears about running an actual business. I took all the business courses and minor in marketing and now completing a BFA in Communications Design with a concentration in Graphic Design. I had plenty of experience designing and DJing for 5-7 years. I managed myself and collect my compensation and work for myself. I learned how to be resourceful and have a positive mindset and setting goals for myself daily to complete my work as a designer and businesswoman. As usual, I never saw any women come through the Big Crown Records office and it shows me music never has a lot of women’s presence, maybe just as artists and sometimes DJs. But there was something to say I am there in that office, yes, doing my design work but I am there and adding to their record label.

My day to day work pretty relaxedly due to their workflow but I pitched in when I was needed and tried to create mini-projects while completing some of my personal design projects. I worked independently and I enjoyed that. Of course, it would be nice to build up and dissect my ideas with an actual team, not just one on one which myself and the owner and his assistant worked usually.

Therefore, I will continue on my journey in design and business in music, culture, and media. I am looking forward to completing my BFA and begin working on my portfolio and landing music label design/marketing job in LA, Atlanta, NY or working remotely.