- Warm-up: apx 10mins (individual)
- In class discussion
- Artwork Example
This activity is intended to get students warmed up for the day’s lecture. Each student will answer the following questions:
- Write down two examples of media (tv, games, music, etc) that has evolved since you started using it.
- List the ways in which it has evolved.
Write down one an example of media that has evolved since a member of an older generation (parents, grandparents, etc) has started using it.
- Draw a visual that represents this evolution.
- Think about how this user group has said the example has affected society, culture, or its users.
In class activity 1: 10 minutes
• In groups of 2, create a chart comparing OLD and NEW Media.
Each group will examine one of the following forms of OLD MEDIA; and identify the changes in the NEW MEDIA paradigm shift:
|OLD MEDIA||NEW MEDIA|
|Format (physical form)|
|Author: who or what?|
|How is it replicated?|
|Level of Connectivity (Audience/User access)|
LAB HOMEWORK: Algorithm
DESCRIPTION: Students will identify an activity or process that they complete everyday. This process could be related to transportation, a morning routine, or related to a hobby/interest. Include this process/routine, in detail, as a paragraph in your post. Write another paragraph about a piece of technology you might “invent” that would either streamline or automate your routine.
DUE: Wednesday, Feb 4th, 2015
DUE: Posting Parameters