2: The Interview

I obtained my Internship Position at an educational institution by sending out an email to the supervisor expressing my interest in the position. I was told about the position by my internship Professor  who helped me earlier in my search for an internship. The supervisor then responded and set up an interview  on Zoom. When we talked, my first impression of her was that she is very kind. I don’t normally see this in many people from my past interviews. She told me that she enjoyed looking at my portfolio and liked the work that I did. We then discussed what I would be doing at the internship, I would be designing things such as banners and logos. She went into detail about the institution and the office that she works in. I thoroughly enjoyed talking to her and was very excited to start working right away. I looked forward to the idea of being busy and working on many projects this summer since it provided an opportunity to learn and add more work to my portfolio. 

After my interview the next day I started my first day as an intern. We had a meeting and that’s when my supervisor talked more about my first project which was the office hours banner. During this meeting I also met my classmate who I would be working with on projects. We all exchanged contact information and started working right away. Me and my classmate  worked separately for a while on the banners and then we shared with each other what we designed and gave each other feedback. 

Photo credit:

https://www.pexels.com/photo/cheerful-colleagues-shaking-hands-while-standing-at-table-5673497/