This week, I have worked on two posters: one for a LGBTQ Mentorship Luncheon, and another one for an ACT UP workshop. These events are not actually going to happen because of COVID-19 and social distancing rules, but I am still making them anyway to make up my internship credits. I sent my supervisor all of the event posters up until April 28 2020 – after these, I have two more event posters that I will make.
Since I have reached 100 hours, I am going to send my supervisor my evaluation form. I have been experimenting with different design themes for each poster. I have found a lot of use in using free stock photos for high quality, aesthetically pleasing photos that I can overlay with filters, effects, and brushes to give a unique look.
It has not been hard doing this internship because I have a lot of freedom. But I must admit it does not feel like a typical internship experience that I thought I would have, since I am doing all of the work remotely. I attached the posters I made this week.
I have decided to make all of the posters somewhat similar in layout and design, so the aesthetic of the posters and the branding is consistent. Since my supervisor mentioned that they, nor their colleagues have design experience, I think it is super important to have a consistent aesthetic to give their social pages some professionalism.