The word that I chose is Ruby. Humanity met the ruby ​​through the writings of India dating back 2300 years BC, its name comes from the word “ruber” in Latin which means “red”.  It also means “deep red precious stone” coming from both Latin and French Origins. “When people hear the word “Ruby”, we would think of a name of a female or a piece of jewelry. The color ruby gets its red coloring from the presence of the trace element chromium. A variety of the mineral corundum, rubies range in color from a deep, rich cochineal to a lighter rose red. When exposed to sunlight, the UV rays make the chromium glow. History to say ruby is also known for its enchanting color and has been associated with fire, sensuality, deep burning love and intense passion. It is also the birthstone of the month of July. Legend says that a ruby contains special powers. This was interesting to say the least because the Indians will donate it to honor Krishna in order to be granted the joy of being reborn as an emperor in the afterlife. That is a deep statement that asks the question if people in New York found out about the ruby powers.

Ruby rocks
Ruby Gem
Ruby Gem

Sketches

My concept is to draw 3 different types of Rubies with the word in each one. I wanted to capture it elegance. I draw 3 different ruby gems, 2 of them having the word ruby in them, the 3rd one having it behind the gem seeing through it.