Tuesday, May 9 to Monday, May 15
- 8.1 Introduction to the Laplace Transform
- This short video (part 1 and part 2) motivates the formula for the Laplace transform
- Requires evaluating improper integrals; see
- 8.2 The Inverse Laplace Transform
- Due Monday, May 22, 11:59pm (Hard deadline)
- Laplace Transforms-Intro (complete before Week 16)
- Laplace Transforms-Inverse Laplace Transform (complete before Week 16)
- Laplace Transforms-Partial Fractions Review (complete before Week 16)
- Laplace Transforms-Initial Value Problems
- Due Tuesday, May 23, 12:00am (Hard deadline, one minute later than deadline for Laplace transform sets)
- All old sets
- Project #3 peer feedback and game (instructions here)
- Test #3 solutions
- Follow the instructions you followed for Test #2 solutions, but solve all the complete question you had for Test #3. Be sure to label parts (a) through (e) clearly. Don’t forget to include the story of your work. You can review the Test #2 solutions instructions here. Use the category Test #3 solutions.
- Week 16
- Last date to withdraw officially from the class: Tuesday, May 16
- Student evaluation of teaching due by Tuesday, May 16: Emails have been sent to your CityTech address from NYC College of Technology Course Evaluations (SPSSurveys@scantron.com)
- I encourage you to inform yourself about bias in student evaluations. There are many resources available, here is one that links to others.
- Thursday, May 18: last chance for office hours!
- Week 17
- Project #3 final draft due on the OpenLab Monday, May 22 (hard deadline)
- Hard deadline for all late OpenLab participation work: Monday, May 22
- Hard deadline for all WeBWorK: evening of Monday, May 22
- Final exam: Tuesday, May 23
- You must attend the final exam to earn a grade for the course (including an F grade; if you stopped attending class and miss the final exam you will be assigned a WU grade, which might affect your financial aid in the future).
- Math department policy: Makeup exams are permitted under exceptional circumstances only such as – jury duty (summons), death in the family (death certificate), or serious illness (medical note) – providing they exhibit proof of documentation. TRAVELING IS NOT A LEGITIMATE EXCUSE. It is the student’s responsibility to change their conflicting travel dates and be present on the day of their final examination. Makeups will NOT be provided to them.
- Where permitted, makeup exams will be coordinated through the Math Department and Accessibility Center. In the past, these needed to be scheduled ahead of time for a $25 fee.