Retail Wine Shop Assignment

Retail Wine Shop Assignment

For this project I visited the Astor Wine and Spirits at Lafayette Street. My visit lasted around 40 minutes.   It was an incredible experience, the staff and the manager were super friendly and patient. I really recommend this wine store to all my classmates.  This was my second time going to a winery store. And since I walk into the store I was super surprised by looking at all the types of wines that they have.  Mr. Bill who is a retail customer service representative was super friendly and knowledge about his job. He showed me how the wine store is designed, which is from old to new wines, what type of wines they have, I also asked him why he is working in a wine store.

The Astor Wine and Spirits store is designed by old and new world of wines. Their wines are also organized by regions and geography. Which I think is a good idea because you can see and explore the old world first and then see the new world of wines. They also sell organic wines which also interests me because I have never tasted an organic wine before. Mr. Bill walked me through all the entire store, and the region that more cough my attention was California.  I didn’t know that in this region produce wine until I found it at the class. 

This was an amazing experience, I really learned more about the different types of wines, and how a store can organize their wines. 

Shelf Talker:

This is a wine made from grown organically using natural compositing techniques and special preparations of herbal sprays.  It is vibrant and fresh on the palate. Provence has some of the best vine growing territory in the world, with a perfect mediterranean climate tempered by the cooling effects of the sea.

Red from Spain:

When we got to this region, one of the things that I remember that Mr. Bill said was that the most famous region of Spain is Rioja because they make the best wine. This a 2016 red wine from Spain.  

Sparkling wine from Italy

This is a sparkling rose made from Lambrusco di Sorbara grape that was harvested earlier to preserve acidity and freshness. Moreover, this Lambrusco rose is full of red berried fruit on the palate, and off dry and sparkling.  Its price is $9.96 and I think is affordable.  

Red wine from California:

The region I didn’t know was California. I discovered it in class. California has been making wine for decades. This is a red wine 2017 made with Pinot Noir grape; This wine has a good taste and a perfect balance in the mouth.

1 thought on “Retail Wine Shop Assignment