36 hrs in orlando

Andre Goines
Prof. Karen Goodlad, Elizabeth Schaible
HGMT 1101
2/4/18
36 Hours in Orlando
In the New York Times article “36 hours in Orlando” by Elaine Glusac depicts the experience one would have visiting in Orlando FL for three days; I personally have traveled to Miami FL when I was twelve years old so I would definitely want to go to Orlando after reading this article. Having known that it was the stomping grounds for many parades and amusement parks such as “Walt Disney World” made me as an adult feel very nostalgic and egar to rush down there; but I later became interested in the overall aesthetic of the city. Orlando is generally warm during the spring and with far less chilly winds in winter than New York City thus giving more availability when it comes to picking the right time of year to travel there. When your in Orlando; for a very subtle way to start your vacation it is recommended to visit the “Orlando Museum of Art” it is said to be a very casual setting where you can enjoy viewing traditional and modern art displayed.
I also like to travel so I can enjoy different resturants and bars so If I went to Orlando there are apparently a large collection of restaurants to enjoy with different cuisines to select from. This time of year, there is huge focus on aspiring restaurants specializing in latin American cuisine; such as the “Black Rooster Taqueria” where you have the option of viewing your dished being cooked from start to finish. Most of the restaurants in Orlando are within the same distance of each other but for most of your sightseeing you would need to use a car; as a New Yorker with no driving experience or license would try to rent a bike through the “Juice Bike Shore Program” this gives me more of an opportunity to talk with locals, enjoy the fresh air, and frolic in the beach.
Lastly, I’m amazed by the lodging experience when you stay at an Orlando hotel more specifically at the “Alfond inn at rollins”; which is reasonably affordable considering the vast amenities you have access to such as rooftop pools, fine dining restaurants, and being able to sit by courtyard fires for warmth at nightfall. So as far as hospitality this article shows that Orlando dose a very excellent job of making you feel like a native right away and im certainly convinced that this is a place I would love to visit in the near future