Anani Santos

My experience academically is primarily musical theatre and performance based, with some marketing and advertisement experience as well. My main academic goal during the course of my four years here at Citytech is to expand my mind and learn as much as I can. Of course my primary focus will be Hospitality Management, but I won’t turn away any opportunities like clubs that will help me learn new things. My career experience is all retail which in a sense is Hospitality. I worked at Duane Reade for about a year, and got promoted to be a Beauty Consultant which was strictly about providing excellent customer service through cosmetics. My career goals are to try and be a successful performer but I have a strong passion for the culinary arts, which is why I chose this major. I hope to be able to pursue both passions of mine in the future. My personal strengths include my positive attitude and carefree spirit. You can’t be shy and be a theatre major, and if you are, you have to fake it! This attitude allows me to be fearless both in life and now in the classroom. I have no problems participating or presenting, I actually look forward to it which makes open classes like this fun and exciting for me. My positive attitude also allows me to leave drama at the door and focus on my work when the time comes. Whatever is going on in my life can not and will not interfere with my studies, simply because I’ve been trained to work long, tiring hours with 100% energy and effort and have to bring that every day regardless of what happens outside the performance area. These strengths go hand in hand with my interests because I only acquired these strengths through my interest in musical theatre and performance. The skills I learned on stage always find their way into my professional life, and have landed me every opportunity I’ve been forurnate enough to receive because they correlate so strongly with a demanding work setting. On top of the aforementioned skills, my teamwork and punctuality have also been upgraded through the power of performance.

2 thoughts on “Anani Santos