Travis Johnson

Before starting my career as an MTA bus operator, I worked in the food and beverage industry. Throughout my young adult years, I served and bussed tables then eventually moving up to the position of a bartender. One of my favorite jobs was working for entertainment cruises. A three-hour cruise ship that circled the Hudson and east river viewing some of the cites of New York City. It provided you with a buffet-style dinner to go along with some refreshing cocktails. It was on that cruise ship where I discovered my interest in the food and beverage industry and brought back to college. I’m back in college studying hospitality management trying to obtain all the knowledge  I can in the hope of opening my establishment one day. I want to research various types of wines and cuisine so I can include them in my restaurants and bars. I also wish to acquire the proper management skill needed to operate a large successful business. I’m pretty much open-minded in receiving any information in the hospitality field whether In food and beverage or any other sections. My strength is patience and the willingness to go above and beyond to ensure someone else is satisfied. Two qualities that are perfect in wanting to start your own business.