Visit my portfolio to learn more about me, my teaching, service, and scholarship.
Visit me during office hours by linking to my zoom office on Tuesday between 11:30am and 1:00pm and Wednesday, between 2:30 and 4:00.
Logged-in faculty members can clone this course. Learn More!
- A Local’s Guide to Portland, Maine and BeyondArtists have always been drawn to the state’s rocky coast and fragrant pine forests. Now that same creative spirit is fueling changes in and around the city.Jessica Battilana and Richard Pedaline
- Block Island’s Nature Preserves Offer Solitude and WildlifeOn Block Island, a tiny dot off the New England coast, birders and other nature lovers can find beauty and solitude in 2,500 acres of ponds, dunes and marshes.Karen Angel
- Want to Attend an Indian Wedding? Now You Can Pay To.Join My Wedding allows tourists to purchase tickets to Indian weddings. Some say it’s resulted in meaningful cultural exchange. Others believe selling the experience can be cultural fetishism.Anna Kodé
- At This Vending Machine, Four Quarters Get You One Surprise ArtworkPlus: Mohammed Sami’s paintings of displacement, a new omakase spot — and more recommendations from T Magazine.
- The Police Seized My Rental Car Reported Stolen and Avis Won’t Refund MeA traveler was visiting family when police impounded her vehicle, saying it had been reported stolen. Why wouldn’t Avis give her money back, and why would they rent her a stolen car in the first place?Seth Kugel