Providing Over 70 Years of Quality Service to the Hospitality Industry

Dayneanda’s E-Profile

My name is Dayneanda kendall.I was born in Brooklyn,New York and I grow up most of my life in Guyana since I was 2 years old.I moved back to Brooklyn at the age of 14 in search of a better education since their were probelms of the schools in Guyana. I graduated from Cultural Academy for Arts and Sciences . At the age of 6,I started to cook because I love watching my mother cook in the kitchen,I never cooked with her but I watched her every move making guyanese dishes. As I grew older,I started to watch every food channel and get so hungry. I got hungry for only the things I saw on tv and not for the food in the house but I know iam not the only one with this issue. I am a respectful,polite,hardworking,determined and also a timely student with her assignments. In highschool,I took culinary classes and culinary afterschool,I loved every part of it and I also did well in them. I took part in 2 culinary competitions so far in my life and did awful in them but it was not the winning that was important to me,it was the experience that is most important to me. In the future, I want to become a chef and own my chain of restaurants then mostly likely become a air hostess because I love traveling. Being in Hospitality Management at City tech is the start of my career and I can’t wait to have a great semester.

1. Temia Collymore Sandiford

I love that you didn’t give up in the competition and that you enjoyed the experience! That is a sign of good sportsmanship. I also love travelling as well and would like to visit Guyana.

2. ZiYu

Hi, I can see that we both have similar experiences. I also moved here from another country to seek better education. Also I love travelling as well, for the last two years I have been travelling every two months and it has been a great experience. Watching food channel on YouTube is almost a daily thing for me !

• Dayneanda

Take me with you,next time your travelling.

3. Jadira Bermudez

Hi Dayneanda, you are definitely not the only one with that issue because growing up I had to same problem and my mother never understood. Do you feel more comfortable with culinary now that you had classes in high school?

• Dayneanda

Yes I feel more comfortable.

4. Manindar varma

im guyanese too but i never really lived there i came to ny when i was a baby.

• Dayneanda

Omg finally I have a friend as a guyanese in college.I left to america at 2 to Guyana then came back

5. Prof. Karen Goodlad

We have opportunities to compete at City Tech as well. Talk to Prof. Walljasper, he is the ACF faculty advisor.