Providing Over 70 Years of Quality Service to the Hospitality Industry

Welcome, Students!

Take some time to explore this OpenLab course site. Use the menu to explore the course information, activities, and help. As the course progresses, you will be adding your own work, this is our class site, we will develop it together.

Video Welcome

You can view a welcome message from Prof. Goodlad here.

Join this Course

Login to your OpenLab account and follow these instructions to join this course.

If you’re new to the OpenLab, follow these instructions to create an account and then join the course.

Remember that your username and display name can be pseudonyms, rather than your real name. Your avatar does not need to be a picture of your face–just something that identifies you on the OpenLab.

Questions

If you have any questions, reach out via email or in Office Hours. If you need help with the OpenLab, you can consult OpenLab Help or contact the OpenLab Community Team.

1. Abigail Salazar

The information that I found today in the city tech website will be help for further in to my other semesters. Its good to know that there are courses to becomes a career and technical teacher education to become licensed to teach in New York State high school culinary arts programs such as C-CAP. It is something that I am interested in. Also knowing what classes i would take for each semester is very use full and see how I can pick there are 4 Language class to choose from.

2. Cristina Simeon

Cristina Simeon’s eProfile

I am Cristina Simeon and I live in New York City. My major is Hotel Management at City Tech. As a student, I was undecided about the career I would choose. The demand for services that New York City offers helped me to define my career. Hospitality is in high demand in New York City, of which I want to be a part of. I still don’t have enough professional experience to develop myself in this field. Therefore, finding Hospitality in City Tech was the perfect combination, electronic and virtual management, it helps us to connect with people despite the distance, although it is not the same as meeting in person. Upon completion of college, I would be able to guide people to find the best place and feel comfortable in it, at the same time, be a leader in my work environment. At City Tech, I will get the experience from my teachers and tutors that I need for my professional development. I am committed to the work that involve, for this reason I will do the best I can.