Shakeema Owens

I am a person who have worked in many different job fields. Such as the medical field, fast food, education, and the armed forces. Whenever I decided I wanted to change careers I took the necessary steps to achieve my goal. Presently, I want to learn about culinary arts and the tools I need to cook healthy cuisines at home and at my own business. Growing up I hated being in the kitchen but now as a mom I love cooking. My love for cooking begin when I first was introduce to the food channel network. Watching the shows and competitions reminded me of my years when I was studying dance and fine arts. My dreams as a dancer was shattered by my parents when I was told to choose a real career (their words not mine). As a result, I spent a lot of money and time on career paths I was not passionate about. Now I am at a point in my life where I want to wake up every day knowing I am doing something that I love.

3 thoughts on “Shakeema Owens

1. Prof. Karen Goodlad

There are many paths to “real” careers. You have come to the right place to learn hospitality and with its diverse offerings you just might find your way to dance again. Think animal the events and food service that occurs at theaters and music and dance venues.