The Carlyle, Site Visit – Kiara Camacho

What did you like/dislike about our site visit to The Carlyle? 

When I first walked into the Carlyle, I noticed the cabaret themed cafe, and I was in complete in love with how vintage and classy the place looked. I was definitely  mesmerized as we kept visiting each room, being that each room is designed differently. I also loved how they still have mail slots behind front desk, and thats something you don’t just see in any hotel anymore.

What was the most significant information you learned while on the site visit?

I would say that the one thing that stuck to me was learning about the managers we met, they influenced me to continue to work hard, and not lose focus because in order to succeed you need to go through a lot of experience. Another significant thing I learned was that the communication skills the workers had, were very admirable and you can tell they loved their job and enjoyed catering to you.

This entry was posted in The Carlyle, Site Visit on by .

About Kiara Camacho

After graduating Brooklyn high school of the arts at 17 years old, and coming into New York City of Technology, I did have some goals in mind that I would like to bring in order to excel and achieve my goal in receiving my Hospitality Management Degree. The goals that I have in mind are building my communication skills, perfect my writing ability, and taking positive risks. The strengths that I bring are being well organized, managing my time properly, and my ability to adapt with new activities. Growing up in a large family household, I’ve learned what it is to be a team player by sharing my own thoughts, and ideas. My personal attribute is self motivation, I believe that if I want something, I have to go get it myself, and would do any thing I can to help achieve my goals.