Site visit to the Carlyle- Julia Gagliano

In what way do you believe you need to prepare for a career in the luxury hotel market ? – I believe there are various ways to prepare oneself for a career in the luxury hotel market. The first way is to study all things hospitality and hotel marketing. You want to know all of the basic rules of how to care for a guest . Another way of learning is getting hands on knowledge by working in the filed via internships or working your way up to a specific job. Learn seasoned staff members techniques as well getting to know guests yourself . Hearing the speakers and what they had to say, I have learned that this is a career you master  though experience in dealing with its guests and coworkers.

What one thing influenced your desire to work / or not work in this industry                   –The one thing that had influenced me to work in this industry was the Carlyle itself. The feeling that had come across me when walking around  was unbelievable. The opulence in the lobby and eating areas, the momentum in the kitchen and concierge area downstairs made me want to be a part of an establishment that thrives on teamwork and paying attention to every detail in order to make a guest have a smile on their face. This added to my desire to work in this industry, or even be a part of The Carlyle in the future.