Taylor Gamble

It is always said that life after high school is always tricky. I definitely couldn’t agree more. My name is Taylor Gamble , I’m 18 years old and this my second semester of my freshman year. I came from such a tight knit high school that made my transition into college very difficult. I was often guided and had my hand held for 4 years. I never really learned the importance of deadlines and dedication to your career, until it was too late.
I decided to be a Hospitality major with a focus in Culinary Management because cooking is my passion. Many may find it hard to believe that a 6 year old can learn from watching. A fried shrimp. That was the first thing I ever created. As time went on and I became aware of different cultures and their foods , I began mixing them. Curry Alfredo. Being able to bring joy onto someone by having a well executed dish ? Priceless. My road to figuring out which school would set me in the right direction was complex. I was offered scholarships to CIA and a few SUNY schools for Culinary , but City Tech had me drawn in . The opportunity to stay in the city was amazing, so I took it , but like any “ Fresh out of High school” student , I made mistakes.
This is my second time taking this course and it’s , without a doubt , a little embarrassing. However , it’s taught me that my weakness when learning is obtaining too many key points. I can’t learn if everything is thrown at me at once , I need a breakdown. I need to feel comfortable with my knowledge in the subject before moving on to a new one. I also learned that my strength is taking good notes. While I have a hard time gaining knowledge in excessive amounts, I can take notes to help me understand more. The more connections I can make ( self ,world ,etc ) it helps me have my own personal understanding.

1 thought on “Taylor Gamble