Lola Marie Pierre-Canel

I believe at one point in life, we all have heard the saying, “ Life is what you make it” right? Well! I have, and I am a strong believer of that. To me, life is a precious gift, and so is time. I learned  to appreciate, love, and cherish each and every moment and make the best of my day. I know many of us have goals, but goals are nothing without a solid plan. Having a plan in place is a great start, and keep in mind, time management is key.

As for me, I know what I want in life. I set goals, and execute each one at my own pace. Time wasted cannot be regain and this one of the reason why I made the decision to go back to school. I want to graduate with my BA degree, then go on to be the best version of me. Also, I want that to be a great examples for my children. As far as my major, I choose hospitality management because of my love for cooking, traveling, and my hope of becoming an entrepreneur/owning my very own restaurant one day.

Providing comfort and great hospitality is truly one of my specialty. I love bringing people together, just to catch up/reconnect, share our ideas, and so on… Oftentimes, I find myself putting together a nice dinner, accompanied with dessert, wine, great joy and lots of laughter. To me, that’s very therapeutic. I mean, “ what’s a better way to get folks together? ”

Food is undeniably the one thing that connects people best, it is a universal language of its own. My plan is to keep a positive attitude, focus on my goals, and continue on with this journey. There’s no better feeling waking up everyday knowing you’re doing what you truly love, sound simple, but yet it can add tremendous meanings to your life. The joy and satisfaction coming from that makes it all worth it.

2 thoughts on “Lola Marie Pierre-Canel