Bryanna Dennis

Bryanna Dennis 

Transitioning from high school to college wasn’t easy. I came from High School of Fashion Industries, studying Fashion Design. Growing up, I always had a strong passion for fashion and I knew I wanted to become a fashion designer. Throughout high school, I started to dislike fashion and wanted to study something else, a career that would support my family and I. I then applied to City Tech and their nursing department. My first semester started off well. I was on track, getting my assignments in on time, passing tests, etc… By the midterm, things took a turn and I fell off. At the end of the semester, I knew my grades weren’t good enough for the nursing program, so I chose to change my major to Hospitality and Management. When I had classes in the new building, I would look out the window straight ahead and see students with the chef uniforms. It sparked my interest. At home, I didn’t do much cooking, but when I did, my family would go crazy over it. I knew I had talent that I must take a deeper look into. I did some research on Hospitality and Management, this major offered a lot of opportunities and knowledge that I’d love to partake in. For the spring 2020 semester, I left the nursing program for good, and moved onto Hospitality and Management. This semester I hope to learn about many cultures and their history with food and traveling.

5 thoughts on “Bryanna Dennis

1. Destiny Kinloch

I agree that moving from high school from college is very different because college is you choosing what you want to do with the rest of your life and you have a lot of expectations. I had the same experience trying to figure out what I wanted to do and it was hard so I’m happy you figured it out before it was too late.

2. Taylor Gamble

I also went to an art high school with a focus in Fashion. I connected with this in the aspects of transitioning from what I found good as a hobby , and something that can be my career. I always knew I wanted to be a chef , but I also dipped my foot in a lot of warm waters. The path being bumpy is worth it when you finally start the one thing that makes you happy

3. Haydee T

Hey Bryanna, thats awesome you got to go to school for fashion, honestly at some point i wanted to do that too but never got the chance to pull through. Nursing is not an easy career and i could understand why it became difficult to continue, I am glad you realized that sooner than later and hope that hospitality is a better fit for you. I know exactly what that feeling feels like when you create something and other people love it, be open be creative and hope you figure out exactly where you fit, goodluck.

4. Melaya Vaz-Paddyfoote

Hello Bryanna I am Melaya and I can see the similarities I had with your posts I used to want to do Marine Biology and that didn’t really worked out for me so I came to hospitality from my love for cooking. I really like you described how you stumbled into hospitality when you saw those in the culinary class through the window of the class you were in and then how you related it to home life, I like how wholesome it sounded. one critique would be is to make the profile a bit more formal, but overall this was a really great introduction and I would like to know you more.

5. Melaya Vaz-Paddyfoote