Industry Profile Essay Submission

9 Responses to Industry Profile Essay Submission

1. Germina Leonce says:

I’ve recently been hired by Six Flags Great Adventures as one of the theme park managers; I basically help them run the park and give new ideas to improve the park. I was so excited because I always loved visiting Six Flags. This company was found by Angus Wynna. He opened the first Six Flags in Texas in 1961. Mr. Wynna created Six Flags so there could be more family activities and entertainment that everyone can enjoy. Over the years I learned that of visiting this theme park, I noticed you don’t have to come to Six Flags with your family it’s for everyone. From 1961 to 2015 Six Flags has come a long way. I’ve been to this theme park over five times and I lose my voice every time I go because of all the amazing roller coasters. Six Flags as sixteen awesome rides but I five of my all-time favorites. My top five favorite roller coasters are the kingda Ka, the Nitro, the Green Lantern, Runaway Mine Train and the Bizarro.
    Now that I am a part of the Six Flags Great Adventures team, I’m going to bring a lot of creative and fun ideas. I also have a great idea to help six flags expand their business; this would help them get more income. Just like every theme park, Six Flags makes money by the season. They are only open in the summer or when it gets warm in some states. I think that Six Flags should open a theme park in the Caribbean islands where it’s hot all year round. If there were theme parks in the Caribbean in Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and even small beautiful island like St Lucia they would make money all year round. Everyone comes to the Caribbean for vacation and there’s always a lot of tourist coming to the island around carnival. This would be a great place for people to come enjoy their vacation and six flags would still be getting a great amount of income. This so my idea, I thought of it because it has not been done and the Caribbean is one of the top spots for that people choose to go on vacations. My goal is to help Six Flag get more income where people are willing to fun to have fun.

Reference cite: www. Sixflags.com

2. I like to work in dessert store because I very love sweet food. I know it is not easy to become a pastry chef, but for the sake of my dream to work on. A pastry chef has very similar duties as many other chefs and culinary arts professionals, were filled with the love of food. So, something that makes to will be delicious. However, the different of the pastry chefs is that they are more focused on the appearance of the dessert. They also need to have artistic talent and creativity to produce snacks and desserts looks as good taste. So, if people see the delicate of appearance, they will have a desire to want to eat and buy. Not only that a pastry chef will typically need to accurately measure and mix and the baking time is usually very important when making most pastries. But also, pastry chefs need to have the unique design and creativity for the dessert. I love the store that named “spot dessert bar”, and I want to work there. The dessert of the “spot dessert bar” can be described as a classic of New York dessert, each creative that let people aftertaste endless. The fragrant and fresh match together of chocolate melts in the tip of the tongue. Creative conception that let taste buds for the feeling of “dessert” rose to new level. My goal is to have belongs to own dessert shop in the future.

References:
    http://spotdessertbar.tumblr.com/
    http://www.spotdessertbar.com/

3. vivian says:

Lady M Confections is a cake boutique house is known by its delicious and unique products. Lady M cakes are handmade daily with their inimitable recipes, which are always refining and changing over the years to provide the highest quality in taste and appearance. The specialty and care that Lady M confection is giving to its loyal customers are what draws them into one of the best cake shops in New York City. One of their shops located on Madison Avenue has the most attention from New Yorkers. Lady M Confections is famous at creating fresh and fine cakes with delightful details such as its colors, style from inspirations, tastes, and most importantly, its fonder Ken Romaniszyn.
    When I was little, I have a dream to become a pastry artist, I’d love to become a part of the Lady M Confection Organization. Lady M’s fonder, Ken Romaniszyn, once said “Our creations and cakes appear to be simple but prove memorable in the subtle and quiet details, a combination of texture and flavor that balance simplicity with complexity.” Ken Romaniszyn’s ideas behind the making of Lady M’s cakes inspire me, he explained about how the colors are not just about decorating, but also about the inner part of the cake. Mr. Romaniszyn’s passion motivates me in wanting to be a pastry chef, wanting to create such a masterpiece like he did. If I were join Lady M Confections, I believe I have what it takes to serve all the cake lovers out there, searching and hoping to get a piece of our cakes. I love to serve and see the excitement and satisfying expression on a customer’s face, it is what keeps me baking and creating.

Reference
    • Ken Romaniszyn: Lady M — The New Potato. (n.d.). The New Potato. Retrieved October 20, 2014, from http://www.thenewpotato.com/2012/03/09/lady-m-the-aesthetic/
    • Home. (n.d.). Lady M Confections. Retrieved October 20, 2014, from http://www.ladym.com/

4. I have been recently hired by Sugar Factory as a Restaurant Floor Manager. Sugar factory American Brasserie is a rapidly growing company with locations in Vegas, Miami, Orlando, Chicago and NYC. One of their restaurants is located on 46 Gansevoort St in New York City. Opened in April 2013, Sugar Factory American Brasserie is a small, cool and cozy place. Sugar factory offers both sweet and savory American culinary favorites. We serve breakfast, lunch, dinner, late-night dining and of course, endless decadent desserts.

As a Floor Manager, my role requires me to successfully supervise the running of the entire restaurant during each shift. I am responsible for the hiring, training, and disciplining restaurant staff. To my duties belong training new workers, scheduling shifts and communicating restaurant policies. This position is very demanding, however I know I can do my best and I can also learn a lot.

My goal is to really take care of this place. Customer service is very important. My tasks are greeting customers and being responsible for complaints.
    I am so glad that I can work in this place. Furthermore, I have a lot of ideas how to develop this great company. One of them is to open another Sugar Factory Restaurant in New York City. This place is very popular and always crowded. Sometimes people have to wait over hour to get a table .

References :

Home Page

5. I have recently been hired by the Thomas Keller Restaurant Group as the general manager of the well- known fine-dining restaurant called Per Se. I have been given the position after the previous GM, Antonio Begonja stepped down. My goals in my new role are abundant. First and foremost, I will have to become familiar with my restaurant and even more so, my new restaurant team. I need to know all that there is to know about how the restaurant operates as well as how the bar operates; I need to assure that they both run smoothly, and that they will continue to run smoothly. Guaranteeing both sustainability and fairness is what my role is all about.
    In addition, I have been hired to oversee day-to-day operations. I need to be the first one to know if something or someone is not working properly, and I will be the first one to take action. For example, if someone was displeased with their meal for any reason, I will go to the table with a huge smile on my face insisting any way that I can replace the meal without compromising the enjoyment of the customer’s visit. This will make the customer happy as well as not having a negative effect on Mr. Keller’s business.
    Although the job as a GM has much to do with customer interaction, I realize that there is also a large part of the job that is done in the “back of the house”. A very crucial job that is in my description is to establish the business plan of the restaurant. This entails identifying and evaluating local competitors and preparing sales projections. I may have to make certain adjustments to the menu if a particular item is not selling, or may simply just have to start to buy that product from a different wholesale distributor. I understand that it is fully my responsibility to check inventory and make purchases for the business accordingly.
    One more immensely important duty I am taking on is to make sure the entire building is a safe and healthy environment for the customers as well as my staff. I need to be 100% positive that there are no health violations occurring throughout the restaurant, so people will not get sick from eating our food. For example we cannot have cooked meat in a walk-in refrigerator stored under raw poultry that may contaminate the cooked food. These kind of mistakes can lead to people getting very sick.
    I would like to once again show my appreciation to Thomas Keller for giving me his trust.
    Thanks,
    Andrew DeSantis

6. V.Reid says:

Puntacana Resort & Club

Vanessa Reid
    Perspective in Hospitality
    Professor Akana

PuntaCana Resort & Club was created in the ear 1970’s by Dominican Frank Rainieri. Ted Kheel bought 30 square miles of undeveloped land stretching along five miles of the east coast of the Dominican Republic. A few years later Frank Rainieri joined him on the vision familiarize creating a community while still respecting the natural habitat. The area at the time was called Punta Borrachón, but Frank decided to rename it Punta Cana, after a fan-shaped leaf that grew in the area. The property’s development began by Grupo Puntacana S.A , building a small hotel with 10 two-room villas that accommodated 40 guest. The club bought some land from he Codddetreisa and started building the first 350-room hotel. The greatest impact this resort and club had on puntacana was firstly making the Puntacana International Airport after an 8 year battle, the nearest airport was four hours away in Santo Domingo. It has also made roads to go in and out of Punta Cana. Now Punta Cana is one of the top destinations in the caribbean to visit. The Resort offers nature friendly activities such as, Horse back riding, water sports, segway eco-tours which comes out of having the deepest respect for the country’s natural resources. Getting the opportunity to educate myself and actually have the pleasure working for them is a dream come true. I have educated myself on the company’s business just to get a little insight on how it even came about and how it has successfully grown from the very beginning until now. I am more than happy to be working for this resort as a housekeeper for the hotel because I want to familiarize myself with everything around the resort and I want to interact with the guest also be apart of making their time here one of the most memorable vacations they have. Eventually my goal is to move around in the hotel. As an opportunity of working there its also an opportunity for myself to experience every position first-hand. My most important goal is to learn and grow with the company as it continues to expand, also gain knowledge in all aspects of the company’s business.

(n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.puntacana.com/index.html

7. Daniel Lopez says:

The common philosophy throughout the Union Square Hospitality Group is enriching lives. This is one of the reasons why I’ve chosen to work for this amazing organization. According to their corporate website “It means leaving the world a little better than how we found it, improving someone’s day is with good humor and thoughtful hospitality, taking care of our community, making positive change in the world.”
    What a great opportunity to bring families, friends and all mankind together with food as the recipe for success. Mr. Daniel “Danny” Meyer is the Chief Executive Officer of USHG and one of the greatest New York City restaurateurs. Accomplishing World recognition with numerous awards in the industry i.e. 25 James Beard Awards, three Michelin star restaurants with the greatest distinction of only closing one restaurant throughout his career. What a remarkable accomplishment in the toughest industry in the world; where the average new food venture closes its doors within three to five years. The Union Square Hospitality Group has the great honor of opening a plethora of restaurants: Union Square Cafe, Gramercy Tavern, Blue Smoke and Shake Shack just to name a few… all are unique in their own way; designed to blend in and be a part of the community. USHG has also expanded into the consulting and education aspects of Hospitality and this is where I sincerely believe I can be a tremendous asset to your organization. My military experience and training has qualified me as an excellent trainer/ facilitator in Resiliency and Occupational Health. I can assist the USHG organizations by helping their employees “bounce back” from emotions, tragedies or setbacks. How you may ask by teaching them skills and tools for life that can be developed and utilized daily in providing customer service and hospitality.
    Works Cited
    Meyer, D. (2008). Setting the table. Harper Perennial.
    Union Square Hospitality Group. (n.d.). Retrieved from Union Square Hospitality Group: http://www.ushgnyc.com/company/

8. Liz says:

Liz Cardenas
    HGMT
    March 3, 15

I have been hired by Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel as the Executive Chef. I am excited to have the opportunity to become part of the team. Food is my passion! Working in the kitchen means more than just cooking. I consider it a life career. I am highly driven and dedicated individual. I continuously strive to enhance my skills and improve my knowledge. I am always open to learning new things because there is no limit to expanding one’s education. With my current experience in the hotel business, I am capable of the demands this position requires. I am aware of the importance of my role as the Executive Chef. At Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, an Executive Chef is in charge of the service operations, culinary, banquets, and catering sales. Sheraton Hotels & Resorts is Starwood Hotels & Resorts worldwide largest and second old brand. Food & Beverage represent approximately one third of the business of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, and is a key driver of the guest experience. My goal as the Executive Chef is to create a new menu that includes, vegan, gluten-free, everything organic. To accomplish my goal, I will evaluate my employees in order to set a friendly, safe and organized working atmosphere. On the other hand, I will evaluate the menu, food revenue, food cost, and kitchen equipment. I believe that every goal requires time, effort, and dedication. I have no fear, no doubt about creating this unique vegan, gluten-free, organic menu. This menu will provide our guest with a healthy, colorful, and delicious meal. We are letting our guest know that we care for their health. Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel is all about going for the extra mile. I am willing to put all my effort and dedication to reach the extra mile to improve the food service.

Reference :
    Discover the power of innovation. (Nd) . Retrieved March 2, 2015, from htt://development.startwoodhotels.com

9. I have been recently hired at the hard rock café in 42st in time square. Since I am located at the hard rock in time square which is the heart of the city of New York it’s my duty and my pleasure to treat every customer and employee greetings and putting a smile out to show them that were the best of the best. Having amazing foods and drinks we also have themes that will make you feel like a true New Yorker with collection of the finest New York Memorabilia from Broadway, sports, New Year’s Eve ball drop, Music and plenty of more. As one of the city’s largest entertainment destination our hard rock has plenty of room with 708 seats and also recently opening a 1,800 square foot Rock shop with authentic hard rock merchandise for plenty of tourist that come to new York to see the amazing sites and our place would be one of them. Our restaurant hours are Friday – Sunday 8:00am to 10:00am for breakfast for tourist to grab something to eat quick before they can see the sites around town and Monday – Sunday 11:00am to 12:30am which are our opening and closing hours since being the busiest street in New York we are the busiest hard rock.
    As a restaurant manager my role is to become the most accurate and precise as I can be. When it comes to hiring, motoring, training, planning schedule and dealing with complicated situation to keep things under control. This position that I am in can be tough sometimes but what can make it tough is the pressure to make everything running smoothly and under control and I know I can do that by building a great relationship with my coworkers and customers so I can keep things organize in a respectful manner. Being the manager I will not rest until everyone is satisfied because working in a business like this when the restaurant is doing great the manager is doing great and I know I am capable of doing that.

Reference: http://www.hardrock.com/cafes/