Electronic Profile Assignment (due 2/4)

Electronic Profile Assignment

5% of total grade

Due week 2

Task

Reflect on who you are as a student, industry professional and future industry leader. Then write a personal profile. Think about your:

• Academic experience and academic goals
  • Career experience and career goals
  • Personal strengths
  • Personal interested that enhance your professional attributes

Role and Audience

Everyone and anyone as it will be posted on our course website on the OpenLab. Specifically think of how faculty, peers and prospective employers will learn about you through your eportfolio.

Format

Post to HMGT1101 OpenLab site and, upon approval, your eportfolio site found on the OpenLab

To post to course site:

• Go to the course dashboard, choose “posts”
  • Enter text into text box
  • Go to “categories” section and choose “Electronic Profile”
  • Click “publish”

Expectations

Students will exhibit their ability to be concise when expressing themselves in an academic and a professional manner.

Student Learning Outcomes

Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to:

• Identify and articulate a personal profile for a public forum
  • Discuss, in a short profile, attributes of a student and industry professional
  • Utilize various features of OpenLab

5 Responses to Electronic Profile Assignment (due 2/4)

1. Hey my name is Randolph D. Gaddy Jr. The son of Grace Gaddy & Randolph D. Gaddy Sr. Residing from Brooklyn, NY but raised a few years in Lake View SC. I’m Native American & Black. My mother side is from the Narragansett Tribe mostly from Rhode Island. A transfer student from Briarcliff this is my first time attending a CUNY College to continuing & obtaining a 4 year degree in Hospitality management. I’m in my semester in City College of Technology in Brooklyn. Really excited about attending this year looking forward to meeting new people & making new friends.
    Hospitality & tourism has always interest me ever since I was 18. I’m really big on hotel & resorts. Took me some time to go back to school in get back in this area. Looking forward to better my career I would love to travel more & explore more in the hotel industry. Having 2-3 years of customer service & two years of operating a store on my own, I know for fact this is the field I need to be in. Knowing with my eagerness & willingness to gain experience and knowledge I will be first in line to understand more about the hospitality industry.
    Goals, looking forward to gain enough knowledge in this field this semester. Five years down the line I hope to manage one of the top hotel & resorts anywhere in the USA but one of my biggest goals is to hopefully manage a hotel in Japan or Europe one day.

2. a.montano says:

When I first attended college I wasn’t sure what to study and being the first person in my family to go to college, I had no one to guide me or advise. I first attended CityTech in the fall of 2008. I went for hospitality management even though I had no idea what hospitality is about. I attended CityTech for one year and I decided to take a break because I wanted didn’t want to waste my financial aid money on something I had no passion for and wasn’t sure of. During the break I realized that I had a strong interest in graphic design and decided to study at the Art Institute of New York. I love design whether it’s graphic, illustrations, food, etc. I really enjoy hearing all thoughts on my creations whether it’s positive or negative I feel like it helps me become better. I decided to come back to CityTech after watching all these great shows that deal with food, pastries and people managing their business. As much as I like graphic design, I started to want to do more hands on projects and what attracted me most were the specialized cakes. Since I already had some of my credits in CityTech I decided to go back and I felt like I was ready this time and finish what I started. I’m starting new and with a new mindset. I really want to learn anything that has to do with culinary and pastries. I don’t have any experience in baking but I always try anything that interests me. I am a very patient person and I strive to be the best that I can be.

3. germina leonce says:

when i first started school i wanted to do nursing but was a manager in a retail store. i wanted to do the major because i would help me to decide what i wanted to be. in order to do that i know i have to keep an open mind. try new things and work hard at everything i do. i would bring all the skills I’ve learned from my retail experience . i know with every business you have to meet your customers wants and needs. Also you have to make sure your team is doing their job. i want to run a hotel or an airline or even a curse ship. i love working with people and i can easily read people. I’m a very friendly person that always makes friends. I always make sure the work gets done a 100% and everyone is doing their job the best they can. I love traveling and shopping so i think this would be prefect for me.