Internship – Entry 3

At the SLD office everyone is actually extremely chill. Jamal was the only one I was kind of cautious around at first, but that’s probably only because he feels intimidating with his nice clothes and super defined jaw. Everyone dresses considerably formally, especially the supervisors. But interns and work-study students seem to dress as they feel. From day one they made it clear that they understand that graphic designers are a lot more easy-going by nature especially in the work environment. So there was never any dress code specified, I personally like to dress considerably casual whenever I can so it wasn’t an issue to begin with. But even when I show up with casual clothes there has never been any form of issue or complaint. The SLD has an office room and a conference room, where Jamal is stationed. I’m always sitting in the conference room table whether it be working on my stuff or waiting to receive some sort of work. The only times when I’m not in there, is when they have actual meetings, in which case I stay in the office. They are extremely easy going as far as my work goes, I always make sure to show examples of the direction in which I’m taking a design to make sure they like it, and also make sure to finish things in a couple of hours unless it’s a bigger project. there have been times where I wouldn’t really have work for several days, in which case I’d just kill time by watching you tube videos or browsing the web. Lunch time is basically whenever I want to take a break. The first couple of weeks I would focus only on work and Davinine would get worried and make sure to remind me that I’m free to grab food whenever I please.