- Class 1 – Date: Wednesday 12/16/20 – Project 2 Open Business Lab session: Campaign development. Zoom video chat from 2:30-5:00PM
- Class 2 – Date: Friday 12/18/20 – Final Class! Campaign Review. Zoom video chat from 2:30-5:00PM
Stage 4: Project Development – Finalize Branding Collectively
- ‘Open Business’ is the initiative and the initiative’s name, so that should be encompassed in the identity (logo). The main components the initiative is trying to communicate and promote are:
- Safe air (masks and/or additional ventilation)
- Germ free (hand washing/ hand sanitizer)
- Social distance (6ft apart)
- The campaign will be launched in New York City as a place where this initiative is being rolled out, embraced and celebrated.
- Identity Typeface >> AlfaSlab One and Avenir (or a Sans Serif if your working on a PC)
- Additional copy suggestions: The new normal is Open for Business , launching May 1st 2021 – support your local business!
- NY Color Scheme: https://www.schemecolor.com/new-york-flag-usa.php
Experiences may be different but life continues to be the same.FaviAN Ling
- Updated Style Guide Manual: Logo Construction, Tagline, Typography, Color Usage.
- EPS of Open Business logo (designed by Yvan).
- You can find all the latest and relevant materials for the project in this folder in our class Dropbox >> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x2yj3ts31xcrbk7/AACgjMQSVrxekAkOsk5jjykYa?dl=0
Topic & Agenda
Class 1 – (Weds 12/16/20) Lab session:
- See >> Week 16 Agenda
Class 2 – (Friday 12/18/20) FINAL CLASS:
- PERSPECTIVE Why Communication Design matters. Review case study: #BreathLife created by Purpose (Ad Agency). Take a look at yesterday’s NYTimes article “Who Gets to Breath Clean Air in New Delhi?“
- Review final work: Take notes
- Designer Presentation: Saul Bass by Favian Ling
Final Work DUE
- DUE Weds 12/23/20: All final work must be submitted to the class Dropbox folder: Project 2: Campaign FINAL (Make a folder with your name on it!)