Class 1 – Date: Wednesday 10/21/20 – Multichannel Campaign – final part of Get Out Vote Campaign See Topic, Class 1 below. Zoom video chat from 2:30-5PM.
Class 2 – Date Friday 10/23/20 – Get Out Vote Campaign DUE. Intro to next project (sneak peek>> The One Club: 2021 Young Ones Brief) ‘Design Programs & Branding’ Zoom video chat from 2:30-5:00PM. Complete ‘Activities’ with related dates.
- Meeting Information: Details for how to join the Zoom call will be emailed to you. Please email me if you do not receive this information.
- Mid-terms grades are pass/fail. See all grades that have been due to date and your related grade on the OpenLab GradeBook and Grading Policy. Also see ‘Final Project Grading Rubric Check List’ for Project 1, below.
- NEXT: NYT Internship Orientation (Tuesday 10/20/20 1-2PM) Representatives from The New York Times Campus Recruitment team and Product Design share advice and answer questions about beginning a career in design. Register here >> NYT Internship Orientation Part 2
- Watch the first in the series here >> NYT Internship Orientation Part1
- You CAN watch the movie ‘Helvetica‘ through the CityTech Library via Kanopy. You will need to login with your CUNY id. (>> https://citytech.kanopy.com/video/helvetica-2)
To-Do Before Class
- Revise GOTV poster based on Friday’s feedback and make sure you have saved an updated version of the file into the class Dropbox folder: Assignment5-Campaign Development)
- View and comment on this new discussion post >> Student Posts/Discussion Posts/Discussion: Your Process?
- View discussion post: read and watch the additional posted links about Voting 2020>> Student Posts/Discussion Posts/ Discussion: Voting 2020
- Review Week 8 Agenda and make sure you watch related videos from Ana’s designer presentation on Gail Anderson >> Week 8 Agenda and Assignment 3 Gail Anderson
Topic & Agenda
Class 1 – In class (Weds 10/21/20):
- Multi-channel Campaigns. Review strategies of different campaigns and discuss expanding this strategy into different forums: printed mail out (postcard) and Social Media campaign.
- Review revised posters. Edit according to feedback and build out the rest of your campaign (see activities below).
- See Final Project Grading Rubric Check List: COMD2400-GradingRubricDownload
- Designer Presentation: Giorgia Lupi by Kimba Alleyne.
Class 2 – In class (Friday 10/23/20):
- Designer Presentation: Giorgia Lupi by Kimba Alleyne
- Introduction to next major project, Project 2: The One Club: 2021 Young Ones Brief)
- Sign Up if you have not already done so. Each of you will be asked to create a five-ten minute presentation of a noted designer: >>Activities/Projects&Assignments/Assignment3
- DUE: Wed 10/23/20 FINAL Get Out the Vote Campaign:
- Revise your campaign according to in-class feedback
- Expand your campaign to include: 4×6 Rectangular Postcard and defined Social media campaign squares
- >> Activities/Projects&Assignments/Assignment5 for the Get Out the Vote Campaign. Create a new blog post showcasing your work (you can also create a blog post with a link to your work saved into the class Dropbox folder: Assignment5-Campaign Development)
- Read Chapter 8