- Class 1 – Date: Wednesday 9/30/20 – Class field trip (Wed 9/30/20 3-4PM). AIGA webinar: “Signs, Slogans, and Slideshows: Design for Protest and Political Engagement” Please register for the event here: https://aiga.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_3I317jbcRhaArzRnYvHqcg See Topic, Class 1 below. Zoom video chat from 2:30-5PM.
- Class 2 – Date Friday 10/02/20 – In class presentations – Design Concept See Topic, Class 2 below. Zoom video chat from 2:30-4:30PM. Complete ‘Activities’ with related dates.
- Meeting Information: Details for how to join the Zoom call will be emailed to you. Please email me if you do not receive this information.
- Reminder: Internship Opportunity (Weds 9/30/20 1-2PM) Please join representatives from The New York Times Campus Recruitment team and Product Design team as they share advice and answer questions about beginning a career in design. Register here: https://www.comd.online/event/nyt-comd-01/
Topic & Agenda
Class 1 – In class presentations (Weds 9/23/20):
- DUE: Weds 9/30/20: Project1 – Concept Development>> > Activities/Projects&Assignments/Assignment4 for the Get Out the Vote Campaign.”>Activities/Projects&Assignments/Assignment4 for the Get Out the Vote Campaign. We will critique in class on Friday. Please make sure you have create a new blog post showcasing your work (you can also create a blog post with a link to your work saved into the class Dropbox folder: Assignment4-Concept Development)
- AIGA webinar: “Signs, Slogans, and Slideshows: Design for Protest and Political Engagement”
Class 2 – In class presentations (Friday 10/02/20):
- In class review of Project1 – Concept Development>> Activities/Projects&Assignments/Assignment4 for the Get Out the Vote Campaign.
- Designer Presentation: Emory Dougals by Yvan Zoniaba
For additional information watch this video:
- Sign Up if you have not already done so. Each of you will be asked to create a five-ten minute presentation of a noted designer: >>Activities/Projects&Assignments/Assignment3
- DUE: Weds 10/07/20: Project1 – Campaign Development>> Activities/Projects&Assignments/Assignment5 for the Get Out the Vote Campaign.
- ‘Hey Whipple, Squeeze This’ – Read Chapter 3