- Class 1 – Date: Wednesday 9/23/20 – In class presentations: The Pitch. See Topic, Class 1 below. Zoom video chat from 2:30-4:30PM.
- Class 2 – Date Friday 9/25/20 – In class presentations – The Pitch continued. See Topic, Class 2 below. Zoom video chat from 2:30-4:30PM. Complete ‘Activities’ with related dates.
- Meeting Information: Details for how to join the Zoom call will be emailed to you. Please email me if you do not receive this information.
To-Do Before Class
Review last weeks Lecture >> Activities/Lectures&Lessons/Lecture2-Target Audience
- Class field trip (Wed 9/30/20 3-4PM). AIGA webinar: “Signs, Slogans, and Slideshows: Design for Protest and Political Engagement” Please register for the event here: https://aiga.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_3I317jbcRhaArzRnYvHqcg
- Internship Opportunity (Weds 9/30/20 1-2PM) Please join representatives from The New York Times Campus Recruitment team and Product Design team as they share advice and answer questions about beginning a career in design. Register here: https://www.comd.online/event/nyt-comd-01/
Topic & Agenda
Class 1 – In class presentations (Weds 9/23/20):
- Present your Pitch: defined target community with a clear messaging strategy for the ‘Get Out the Vote’ campaign. Create a post with your team (or individually) showcasing your pitch. Mood boards are also due. More details here for putting together your pitch Project1 – The Pitch>> Activities/Projects&Assignments/Assignment2
- What is a Mood Board?
See details here>> Activities/Lecture&Lessons/Lecture3 – Mood Board
Class 2 – In class presentations (Friday 9/25/20):
- Designer Presentation: Emory Dougals by Yvan Zoniaba
- Project1 – Concept Development>> Activities/Projects&Assignments/Assignment4 for the Get Out the Vote Campaign.
- Project specifications for Campaign: Find details here: AIGA’s website
- Sign Up if you have not already done so. Each of you will be asked to create a five-ten minute presentation of a noted designer: >>Activities/Projects&Assignments/Assignment3
- DUE: Weds 9/30/20: Project1 – Concept Development>> Activities/Projects&Assignments/Assignment4 for the Get Out the Vote Campaign.