- Your assessment will be based on 2 projects with multiple components divided into homework and in-class assignments.
- Punctuality and meeting deadlines are critical to success in this class, 10% of your overall grading criteria is based on diligence and professionalism.
- Asynchronous or synchronous discussions with a peer group or a partner in the course.
- A rubrics will be used to determine how well you are achieving strategic, visual and production based goals. We will use these rubrics to determine what parts of your execution are successful or unsuccessful.
Part 1: Exhibition Design Experience through a particular space
PROJECT 1 Exhibition Design: Pop-up Exhibit based on research including 3-D designs displays and type and image designs at varying scales addressing viewers experience through space. Deliverables can include a dharma as well as interactive displays/ kiosks. Special focus is on creating interpretive environmental experiences that include storytelling, sustainability and environmental design.
Part 2: Wayfinding Systems Graphics and information systems
PROJECT 2 Wayfinding: Pop-up Exhibit based on research students generate graphic as well as models to formally show their pop-up museum and shape their visitors’ experience, including signage and floor plans. Expect field trips to visit some of New York’s richly narrative spaces.
- 40% — Assignments
- 20% — Project 1
- 20% — Project 2
- 10% — Participation
- 100%— TOTAL
- Everyone must sign-up for OpenLab: https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu
TBAPrint this page