Guiding the public visually in the built and natural environment
To situate your pop exhibit within a space on campus and develop a wayfinding system to promote and direct visitors to it.
Summary of Assignments
- >>Assignment 9: Finding Your Way: Sign Audit and Wayfinding Analysis (Scavenger Hunt)
- Assignment 10: Three Directional Messages: freestanding sign mock-up that directs people to location
- Assignment 11: Informational Messages: family of 6-7 pictograms/ symbols related to both the space and your exhibit (for visitors of – define who they are and their needs)
- Assignment 12 Final project: Comprehensive sign system that includes
- vocabulary of 6 pictograms/ symbols,
- color scheme,
- a location plan with the exhibition title
- mock-ups of 3 directional messages within space
- 1 outdoor signage with exhibit title.
- All components should be included in the final Professional Presentation Booklet. Your solution will be presented in scale model form (actual or digital)
- Consider the ground plane.
- Look up (you may need to take pictures from a distance)
- Sequence of elements
- Must be typographic and symbolic
- May have photographic elements
- Must interact or conversely react to spaces and components of the building