A complete package should illustrate the full pop-up exhibit design—how it is built, where every component is located and how each works within a larger space.
- Stand-up exhibit viewer scaled, standing in space
- Exhibit logo (Assignment #3)
- Three Poster Panels scaled and mounted on wall at a comfortable height for viewing (Assignment #4)
- Object Labels (3×5” or 4×6”) to describe any displayed content or objects.
- Reader rail scaled, angled, at waist-level, freestanding or attached to wall
- Elevation & Vinyl lettering mounted on wall
- Optional additional related graphics or elements such as a kiosk, or some digital display
- Professional Presentation Book The entire process and final designs should be documented and presented in this presentation book.
Find a stand-up viewer someone who will appear in your model to give a sense of scale. You will need the figure for your elevation. NOTE: you may also take a photo of someone you know or have someone take a photo of you.
Reader rails are used for installations to display information in a continuous format, but within an open space that provides an accessible narrative style, with the opportunity and space for a mix of text and images. It can be a timeline or any other information related to your topic. They are generally presented angled, at waist-level, freestanding or attached to wall. Design your reader rail in InDesign at 42″ x 10″, horizontal file.
Elevation & Vinyl Lettering
Elevation & vinyl lettering: Create a horizontal tabloid InDesign file to represent a wall in your exhibit. Imagine what one wall of your exhibit would look like. It should include:
- A floor
- Exhibit logo
- A viewer
- 3 poster panels (make them into pdfs, then place them scaled to size: 1″ = 1′)
- A quotation or other text as vinyl lettering (size: your choice) Arrange everything realistically, considering logical arrangement and vertical placement. Place text panels so the viewer is looking at them without looking way up or way down. Do not include the reader rail, which would be on another wall (not shown)
Completed project Due Week 10 – 4/11/22 – In class presentations
>>Save into a folder with your name in the >> class dropbox folder